1. Light breakfast and Networking
2. Welcome and General Introduction
3. Lisa Ellis, ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
Providing a summary of key employment law updates
4. Ruth Rule-Mullen, Partner - Employment, HR & Education Team, Forbes Solicitors
A summary of recent cases which may impact the workforce and interesting cases awaiting conclusion
5. Karen Arrowsmith, Lancashire Mind Limited According to Remploy (2016), mental ill health costs the UK economy £26 billion each year which equates to £1,035 per employee. With these figures in mind, supporting mental health and well-being in the workplace to both build positive mental well-being and manage the impact of poor mental should be at the top of the agenda for workplaces. Lancashire Mind will be offering an interactive session around mental health in the workplace and the importance of supporting personal emotional resilience at work. You will walk away with an understanding of the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions and learn why building resilience rather than attempting to reduce stress is a more realistic approach to workplace well-being.
6. Kay Vaughan, Lancashire Enterprise Adviser Network An introduction to the Lancashire Enterprise Adviser Network - The purpose of the Enterprise Adviser Network is to create powerful, lasting connections between local businesses and the schools and colleges in Lancashire. Enterprise Advisers (EAs) are volunteers drawn from businesses who will work directly with the school's leadership team to develop effective employer engagement plans and support an increase in the meaningful encounters that young people have with employers. They will work with other local businesses to equip young people with the skills they need.
7. Joanne Pickering, Director of HR & Training, Forbes Solicitors
8. Any Other Business
9. Date of Next Meeting - March 2017
To book your place please click here to complete the online booking form.
Employment & HR Advice Clinic - from 11.30am to 12.00pm members of Forbes Solicitors Employment and HR Business Support Team will be available to answer any individual questions or queries you may have in relation to your organisation / employees.
Free to attend