1. Light breakfast and Networking (9am to 9.30am)
2. Welcome and General Introduction (9.30am)
3. James Boffey, ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
Providing a summary of key employment law updates.
4. Emma Swan, Partner, Employment, Forbes Solicitors
A summary of recent cases which may impact the workforce and interesting cases awaiting conclusion.
5. Employment and HR Team, Forbes Solicitors
Forbes Employment Team have been involved in carrying out a significant number of grievance investigations on behalf of various clients over the summer months, from large public sector organisations and PLCs through to smaller owner managed businesses. Join them for a masterclass on how to approach a grievance investigation, what steps need to be taken, top tips for questioning witnesses, how to write the investigation report and a case study to keep it in context.
6. Marc Mcloughlin, Managing Director, KeyFleet
Driving for Work 101
Many staff in HR roles are affected by fleet risk and driver management at least to some level. In fact it's often a responsibility that defaults to the HR department. Provision of vehicles, licence checking, authorising personal vehicle usage and mileage reclaims, checking grey fleet insurance to name just a few tasks that might fall to the HR team. In this session Marc will give a general overview to the risks involved for employers and their staff by their 'Driving for Work' activity including some tips about how to address and manage this risk.
7. Joanne Pickering, Director of HR & Training, Forbes Solicitors
8. Any Other Business
9. Date of Next Meeting - TBC
Employment & HR Advice Clinic - from 11.30am to 12.00pm
Employment and HR Business Support Team will be available to answer any individual questions or queries you may have in relation to your organisation / employees.
To book your place please click here.