Wednesday 15 May 2019
Village Hotel, Waterfold Business Park, Rochdale Rd, Bury, BL9 7BQ
Forbes Solicitors' Housing and Regeneration Team are resurrecting their hugely popular Bury Seminar, which will focus on a wide range of issues faced by front line housing practitioners.
The conference includes two headline topics each followed by breakout sessions covering a vast array of topics which routinely affect housing providers. There will also be a Question and Answer Panel where housing experts will be on hand to deal with prominent issues.
Relevant Third Sector Organisations and Charities will attend the event to facilitate partnership working.
In previous years, the event has been well attended and feedback has been excellent with clients indicating that they would not hesitate to recommend the event to colleagues and other organisations.
10.00am: Welcome and Introduction
10.05am: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: How to tackle county lines and cuckooing on your estates - Shirley Faragher and Detective Inspector Rannard (County Line Co-ordinator)
11.00am: Coffee Break
11.15am: Morning Breakout Sessions
- A) Injunctions! Wasted on the Young? - Sarah Rogers
- B) Read All About It - Case Law Update - including a consideration of the case of Salix Homes v Graciano Mantato where Kirsty Varley appeared as Junior Counsel in the Court of Appeal - Kirsty Varley and Paul Gorton
- C) Sharing is Caring? Data to share and duties of care after GDPR - Dan Milnes & Bethany Paliga
12.30pm: Lunch and Networking
1.30pm: Question & Answer Panel
1.50pm: An Untimely Demise - Dealing with Deceased Tenants - Lucie Cocker and Lachlan McLean
2.50pm: Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- D) D) 'Partners in Time' - How can the role of Registered Housing Providers influence the Safeguarding process to promote best practice and achieve successful outcomes? - Over recent months, former Detective Superintendent Darren Minton (Safeguarding Lead at West Yorkshire Police) and Darren Burton (Head of Housing Consultancy at Forbes) have spent time with a number of Registered Housing Providers and Local Authorities throughout the North of England to share their current experiences of dealing with Safeguarding issues. This workshop will highlight the barriers, challenges and gaps within this process. It will explore options to facilitate more effective partnership working, sharing information and managing the key priorities which exist between the different agencies involved.
- E) Assured Shorthold Tenancies - the Full Monty Shooltz - an update following recent legal developments regarding assured shorthold tenancies, including the case of Caridon Property Ltd v Monty Shooltz - Sam Gorrell and Jonny Hutchings
- F) Dealing with Disrepair - An interactive session where delegates will share best practice for saving cost and time including the Fitness For Human Habitation Act - Justine Hunkins
The cost of the seminar is £65 plus VAT which includes lunch. If you book three places, you will receive a fourth place free.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE. Complete the online registration stating which breakout sessions you would like to attend.
Places are limited and will fill up fast so please register early to avoid disappointment.