Thursday 21 November 2019, Samlesbury Hotel, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 0UL
Business Owners/Directors/Managers and HR Practitioners across Lancashire are invited to the HR Employers' Forum.
The aim of these forums is to keep you up to date with changes and developments in Employment Law along with bringing you key speakers who can inspire you and your business.
The programme is -
- Light breakfast and Networking (9am to 9.30am)
- Welcome and General Introduction (9.30am)
- Local Industry Strategy - Dr Michele Lawty-Jones, Director, Lancashire Skills and Employment Hub - Development of the Lancashire Local Industrial Strategy - A brief presentation to describe development to-date, including highlights from the evidence base, the emerging themes and priorities, and a focus on developing an agile, productive and capable workforce across the Lancashire area.
- ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
- Providing a summary of key employment law updates.
- Emma Swan, Partner, Employment, Forbes Solicitors
- A summary of recent cases which may impact the workforce and interesting cases awaiting conclusion.
- Emma Swan, Partner, Employment, Forbes Solicitors - protecting your business through your Contract of Employment
- Contracts of employment are often seen as an administrative necessity, but they are actually a critical document in protecting your business. The focus of the session will be on post-termination restrictions, which are often assumed to be enforceable in a contract but are rarely that in practice. Other key terms of the contract will also be discussed.
- Joanne Pickering, Director of HR & Training, Forbes Solicitors
- Chair's Report
- Any Other Business