Wednesday 13 February 2013, Village Hotel, Waterfold Business Park, Rochdale Road, Bury, BL9 7DB
This seminar is geared towards social housing providers and aims to address a number of the key issues facing staff involved in Housing Management, Asset Management, Leasehold Services, HR and Finance.
The seminar will feature several high profile speakers including Dr Mike Biles, The Housing Ombudsman and Kate Dickinson-Gray from the Legal Services Commission.
10.00am: Welcome and Introduction - Stuart Penswick, Head of Housing, Forbes Solicitors
10.05am: Strategy, systems, and statute: preparing for changes to the Housing Ombudsman's new and extended role from 1 April 2013 - Dr Mike Biles, Housing Ombudsman
11.15am: Coffee Break
11.30am: Morning Breakout Sessions
- A: Restorative Justice for Social Housing, Jeanette Brown, Director RAIH
- B: Gas Safety - A New Horizon - Sam Gorrell and Rebecca McCann, Forbes Solicitors
- C: ASB Update for 2013 - Shirley Faragher and Lucie Cocker, Forbes Solicitors
- D: Localism and Welfare Reform - Lachlan McLean, Forbes Solicitors
- E: Development and Renewable Energy Update
(a) The impact of the Community Infrastructure Levy - Marc Appleton, Forbes Solicitors
(b) What next for Solar Energy and FITs - Liam McArdle, Forbes Solicitors
1.00pm: Lunch and Networking
2.00pm: Afternoon Introduction - Stuart Penswick, Head of Housing, Forbes Solicitors
2.15pm: Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- F: Attacking Tenant Solicitors Funding - Kate Dickinson-Gray, Legal Services Commission and Lucie Cocker, Forbes Solicitors
- G: Equality and Proportionality - Shirley Faragher and Gareth Pickup, Forbes Solicitors
- H: Discipline, HR and Grievances For Housing Officers - Jonathan Holden and Emma Newbould, Forbes Solicitors
- I: Best practice guidance for Leasehold officers - Lachlan McLean and Robin Stephens, Forbes Solicitors
- J: Domestic Violence: Cost effective ways to tackle perpetrators - Sam Gorrell, Rebecca McCann and Gill Carr, Forbes Solicitors
4.00pm: Seminar Concludes
We are recognised by the SRA to offer CPD points for all our training sessions please quote DNQ/FOSO to claim.
When booking please specify which breakout sessions you would like to attend.
£60 plus VAT which includes all refreshments