The Forbes Survival Guide To Moving House - Part 2
29 November, 2010
Jargon busting - what happens next? Who does what?
- Call anytime - we are here for you
- Money laundering
- Third party funding
- Contact details - what works best for you
What we will be doing/what do you need to do?
- Mortgage details
- Second charges
- Redemption figures
- Pay agents/redeem mortgage
- Searches - what are they, how long will they take, what do they show?
- Valuation/homebuyers report/survey/additional reports
- Check title/raise enquiries/reporting to the Lender
- Property Report
- Appointment - what happens?
- Deposit - when and how do I pay and how much do I need to hand over?
- Completions dates - what needs to be done before you agree a date/who agrees the date?
- Exchanging contracts - what does this mean?
- Completion statement/mortgage money/money from you - how you can pay, when you need to pay
- Post completion - stamp duty, land registry, notices, deeds of covenant