Laura has 10 years' experience in Property Litigation / Real Estate Disputes and is an active member of the Property Litigation Association. Before joining Forbes in June 2019 Laura worked in an international firm acting for large multinational clients. Prior to that she worked for 10 years in locally based firms. Laura lives in Preston and works from the Central Lancashire, Preston and Manchester offices.
Core areas of work include:
- Lease Renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Boundary disputes
- Breaches of Lease including forfeiture
- Residential landlord and tenant matters
- Enfranchisement and leasehold disputes
- Service charge disputes
- Consent to assign disputes
- Break notices and disputes
- Agricultural tenancy disputes
Laura and the rest of the property litigation team act for commercial landlords and tenants, developers, landowners, buy to let owners and agents.
Here are just a few examples of how Laura can help you or your business:-
- Advising business tenants on their rights to a renewal lease at the expiry of their commercial lease. Serving notices and commencing court proceedings to ensure that the new lease terms meet with their business needs.
- Advising commercial landlords on grounds of refusing / opposing a renewal lease. Gathering evidence and preparing the case for trial to ensure the best chance of obtaining vacant possession.
- Acting for business tenants struggling to sell their business because their landlord is unreasonably refusing to assign the lease.
- Acting for developers where the land is burdened by restrictive covenants or issues with right of way. Making applications to the lands tribunal, land registration tribunal or court to remove restrictions and register rights.
- Serving all types of property notices at fixed fees.
- Evicting tenants.