Our Regulatory Compliance team provides a full advisory and defence service whether you are a local authority, insurer, large corporation, small business or individual.
Our highly experienced team work across a number of industries including construction, manufacturing, agriculture, transport and logistics, waste and food.
We also represent a number of local authorities and public authorities as well as insurers and their policy holders.
We defend prosecutions brought by the Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Food Standards Agency, Trading Standards and Local Authorities.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Food Standards, Safety and Hygiene
- Trading Standards
- Defence of a company director charged with manslaughter.
- Representing a company in relation to Legionella outbreak.
- Defence of a Local Authority relating to a fatality involving an alleged highway defect.
- Defence of a public authority following a death of an employee relating to an alleged building defect.
- Representing a suspect at interview regarding a Care Quality Commission (CQC) complaint.
- Advising and representing a large sporting organisation following a road traffic accident on land near to its estate.
- Supporting a housing client served with a Fire Safety Notice which efficiently led to the Notice being withdrawn.
- Representing a Waste Transfer Station in an interview with the Environment Agency.
- Representing a client charged with the importation, advertising and sale of modification devices which allowed counterfeit games to be played on games consoles.