Our Commercial team assists retail clients with a wide spectrum of legal issues, specialising in matters falling within the broad categories of contracts, intellectual property and information technology.
We can support with:
- Commercial contracts (including agency and distribution agreements and licences)
- Import and export agreements - directly or through third party intermediaries
- Terms and conditions of business governing the provision of goods, services and a combination of the two
- Terms and conditions of website use
- Intellectual Property (including registering brand names, logos and taglines as trade marks in the UK and internationally, granting licences to third parties and dealing with intellectual property infringement and disputes)
- IT (including software licences and development agreements)
- Outsourcing agreements
- Joint ventures
Our recent experience includes:
- Assistance with the protection of a trading name as a registered trade mark across the UK and EU for a UK-based retailer of fashion goods.
- Taking action in respect of and enforcement of trade mark rights for a retail shop against a third party infringing its rights.
- Advising a client on creating a franchise of its business model and implementation of such via a Franchise Agreement.
- Advising a client taking on its obligations as a franchisee under a Franchise Agreement.
- Implementation of purchasing contracts and terms and conditions governing the supply of goods and services by a supplier to a retail business.