Kella is a Partner with a specialism in Historic Child Abuse cases and claims against Social Services Departments. As well as advising Local Authorities on their approach to these cases, she also advises clients on their responses to National press coverage in high profile and sensitive cases.
Kella has advised numerous Local Authorities on issues such as;
- Sexual abuse by a Councillor.
- CSE and grooming cases
- claim by an ex-pupil of a primary school in the 1960's alleging abuse by head teacher
- mediation of a claim regarding a rape of a young girl with an Acquired Brain Injury including issues of capacity, Human Rights and Deprivation of liberty
- breach of contract for suspension of a teacher following the physical assault of a pupil
- Data Protection Act issues and disclosure under Civil procedure Rules. Advising and training Data Protection officers and Complaints Departments on compliance and risk
Kella presents regularly at a number of forums speaking on a range of topics and has had numerous articles published and is a regular blogger on litigation and abuse cases.