Our team specialises in non-contentious matters and has experience of working with schools, academies, colleges and other organisations across a range of commercial, corporate and constitutional matters.
Our experience involves drafting, advising on and negotiating contracts; identifying, protecting
and exploiting intellectual property; and advising on charity law and governance.
Recent Experience Includes:
- Advising on constitutional documents (including amendments);
- Charity Law advice including trustee conflicts;
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on contracts for outsourced services including catering and cleaning;
- Advising on purchasing contracts from existing service providers and the mechanisms for doing so;
- Production of contracts for services to end users;
- Advising on the intellectual property implications of specific third party contracts;
- Creation of a consortium purchasing arrangement between schools;
- Creation and organisation of breakfast club and after school club entities;
- Intra-group contracts;
- Co-operative and shared resources arrangements with local authorities;
- Advising on construction contracts and required ancillary documentation including deeds of novation, professional appointment deeds, collateral warranties and performance bonds.
Data Protection & IP
- Implications of data protection legislation and adoption of appropriate policies and procedures and dealing with data protection, freedom of information and other information requests;
- Assisting with responses to information access requests and data breaches;
- Intellectual property licensing and development agreements;
- Advice in relation to GDPR; and
- Data protection advice on a project for provision of software applications to schools using aggregated SIMS data;
- Data Protection Officer Support services;
- Outsourced Data Protection Officer services.
For further information please contact the Head of our Education Group - Jonathan Holden