Wednesday 22 April 2009, Stanley House Hotel, Mellor
If you run a family business or work for one, you'll know that mixing business with family relationships creates unique characteristics.
The teams at Forbes Solicitors and PM&M have developed a short breakfast seminar to identify the nature and characteristics of the family business and highlight areas that can be challenging to deal with and require sensitive handling. We hope you can join us.
Topics covered will be:
8:00 Registration and breakfast
- What is a family business?
- Extent of family businesses
- Survey results
8:35 Issues in family business
- Why family businesses are different
- Succession planning or Sale planning?
- Ownership and management
- Key questions
8:55 Succession - Legal Tactics
- Family succession in business ownership
- Partnerships and Companies
- By law, by will or by contract
- Other succession options
9:15 Family members as employees
- Owner/manager, partner or employee?
- Linking employment and ownership
- Employing family members
9:35 Financial considerations
- Financing succession
- Looking after the family?
9:45 Questions and close
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
£15.00 + VAT