The Dispute Resolution team has experience of working with schools and other organisations covering contract disputes, construction and property matters.
- Acting for a local Academy including a Business Enterprise centre in relation to a problem tenant of that centre and also redrafting the tenancy agreement.
- Assisting a Grammar School with a dispute involving an alleged right of way over the School playing fields.
- Acting for a number of private schools pursuing unpaid fees
- Acting for a school pursuing damages for breach of contract against an outgoing catering contractor, who was making secret profits by way of rebates from suppliers and not accounting for them to the school.
- Advising a head teacher on defamation proceedings relating to posts on social media
- Obtaining an injunction against a parent who made threats to a Head teacher.
- Advising a school catering on a claim brought by the Environment Agency over packaging waste recycling
- Advising a school on a claim to terminate a contract of an underperforming contractor.
For further information please contact the Head of our Education Group - Jonathan Holden