Our Financial Regulation team provides advice and defence services for commercial clients and individual directors.
We support businesses and individuals with investigations, interviews and prosecutions.
We have expertise in fraud and business crime, private prosecutions, road traffic offences and insolvency.
We have experience of handling cases involving HMRC, the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), DVSA, the Traffic Commissioner, Information Commissioners Office (ICO), police, the National Crime Agency and the Insolvency Service.
- Defending financial crime.
- Advising on director's duties, disqualified directors and shadow directors.
- Representing a client charged with a boiler room fraud and associated breaches of Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Successfully defending in Operation Challenger, a conspiracy to defraud brought by DVSA. The conspiracy alleged a wide spread tachograph fraud and associated regulatory breaches of driver's hours.
- Advising a company in relation to a Gangmaster Licensing Authority investigation.
- Successfully defending a prosecution brought by the Security Industry Authority alleging regulatory breaches prosecuted as a conspiracy to use false instruments.
- Defending cases brought by the Insolvency service for Fraudulent Trading and carrying out Collective Investment Schemes.
- Representing clients facing prosecutions brought by HMRC and defending many Vat frauds and Cheat the Revenue cases.