Wednesday 06 March 2019, Samlesbury Hotel, Preston New Rd, PR5 0UL
Business Owners/Directors/Managers and HR Practitioners across Lancashire are invited to the HR Employers' Forum.
The aim of these forums is to keep you up to date with changes and developments in Employment Law along with bringing you key speakers who can inspire you and your business.
The programme is -
- Light breakfast and Networking (9am to 9.30am)
- Welcome and General Introduction (9.30am)
- James Boffey, ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service)
- Providing a summary of key employment law updates
- Emma Swan, Partner, Employment, Forbes Solicitors
- A summary of recent cases which may impact the workforce and interesting cases awaiting conclusion.
- Tracy Heyes, Strategic Partnership Manager, Lancashire Skills & Employment Hub
Your Future Workforce
- Tracy Heyes will deliver a session based on sector research studies for Lancashire, focusing on growth predictions, reductions in population and "replacement demand" - this is where your current workforce may decide to retire early.
- Employment and HR Team, Forbes Solicitors
- Retaining, Retraining & Reskilling your Workforce, with particular focus on the DWP (Department for Work & Pensions) "Valuing the Older Workforce". To consider succession planning to build your sustainable workforce for the future. Emma Swan, Employment Partner, Forbes Solicitors, will lead the session and provide case studies to assist with having those "difficult / challenging" conversations, without getting into age discrimination issues.
- Joanne Pickering, Director of HR & Training, Forbes Solicitors
To book your place please click here.
Please note: In the event of over subscription, where two colleagues are wishing to attend from the same organisation, we may have to request only one attends. Community & Business Partners will be in touch the week before the Forum if applicable.
Employment & HR Advice Clinic - from 11.30am to 12.00pm
Employment and HR Business Support Team will be available to answer any individual questions or queries you may have in relation to your organisation / employees.