The past few months have seen billions of pounds exchanged in deals involving some of the biggest and best-known businesses in the North West, including the likes of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Matillion, Boohoo, THG, Manchester United and Liverpool FC. Alongside these tech/retail/sports titans, the manufacturing sector played a significant role in contributing to this figure, including:
- Bolton-headquartered CCM Motorcycles (CCM) has received a significant investment from Pitalia Capital, a North West-based investment firm.
- As CMM looks to kickstart an international growth drive, the strategic and financial support of Pitalia Capital will assist CMM in its plans to invest heavily in new product development to meet the demand across Europe and the US.
- This growth means that CMM can create 14 new roles within the company, which will enable it to add strength and depth to its team as it creates the infrastructure needed to support its growth plans. This recruitment drive includes plans to bolster the senior management team and recruit experienced design engineers and programme managers to support new projects.
Blue Prism Group
- Blue Prisim Group is a Warrington-headquartered developer of intelligent robotic process automation software.
- During a takeover bid, with US private equity firms, the company was valued at approximately £1.095bn, for the entire issued and to be issued ordinary share capital, on a fully diluted basis.
- The board of Blue Prism Group reached an agreement with Vista Equity Partners and the valuation (circa £1.095bn) was agreed. Vista Equity Partners is headquartered in the US and currently has stakes in UK companies such as Advanced, Allocate and Finastra.
- The Vita Group, which is based in Middleton, has acquired mattress manufacturer, Usleep, from Northedge Capital.
- This will be the third acquisition completed by Vita in 2021 following the acquisitions of IMPE Srl, located in Naples, Italy, in Q1 and UK based Technical Foam Services in Q2.
- Vita Group's CEO Ian Robb said: "This acquisition will enable collaboration on innovation across the end-to-end service, from unique foam technologies through to innovative mattress design".
Given the number of North West businesses not only returning to normality, but coming out of the covid-19 pandemic thriving and growing, it is not surprising to see the M&A market booming.
Here at Forbes Solicitors LLP, we are eager to help business owners who are looking to take advantage of this market boom, whether that be by way of acquisition or disposal. Our experienced and multi-disciplinary corporate team work together with companies of all sizes, across a range of sectors including manufacturing, engineering, construction, and hospitality, to provide quality advice, support with strategic transactions, as well as day-to-day business needs. Our corporate team can provide support on various transactions, including:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sale/Purchase of a Shares
- Sale/Purchase of Assets
- Sale/Purchase of a Partnership
- Terminating Partnership/Shareholder Agreements
For more information contact David Filmer in our Corporate department
via email or phone on 0333 207 1132.
Alternatively send any question through to Forbes Solicitors via our online Contact Form.
Learn more about our Corporate department here
Shareholders Agreement - what they are and why you need one
Considerations for growing your business and choosing the best…