Breach of SPOs and asking permission for a warrant

Together we are Forbes


03 October, 2018

On 1 October 2018, The Civil Procedure (Amendment No. 3) Rules 2018 came into effect. These amendments include a one-line addition to Part 83 of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 confirming that there is no longer any need to make an application for permission for a warrant for breach of a suspended possession order where the breach is failure to pay rent and/or arrears instalments. Form N325 can once again be completed in these cases. It is unclear what Form N325A (which constitutes both an application for permission and a request for a warrant in one) could still be used for and the CPRC sub-committee is keeping this under review. It remains the position that a separate application for permission is required through Part 83.2(3)(e) for all non-money payment breaches of SPOs.

For more information contact Amy Chadwick in our Housing & Regeneration department via email or phone on 0113 386 2694. Alternatively send any question through to Forbes Solicitors via our online Contact Form.

Contact Us

Get in touch to see how our experts could help you.

Call0800 689 3206

CallRequest a call back

EmailSend us an email

Contacting Us

Monday to Friday:
09:00 to 17:00

Saturday and Sunday: