Ben specialises in Contentious Trusts and Probate, and is an Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Ben is recommended by the Legal 500 2017 for Contentious Trusts and Probate where he is described as 'responsive, effective and pragmatic'.
'Solicitor Ben Wilson 'leaves no stone unturned' and is recommended.' - Legal 500 2016
Ben has also been shortlisted for Young Professional of the year in the Sub36 awards 2019.
'A self-disciplined and emotionally intelligent professional. He has obtained deserved recognition within his profession and will continue to thrive.' - Sub 36 awards 2019
Ben acts for clients on a national and international basis and deals with a range of high value and complex claims. Examples include:
- Jump and Jones v Lister and Forresters Solicitors Limited  EWHC 2160 (Ch). Successfully acting for the Executors and Residuary Beneficiaries in a dispute relating to the interpretation of two Wills.
- Acting for spouse in a claim under the Inheritance Act 1975 against husband's Estate. The Estate was valued at £18m and was subject to a fairly complex trust. Achieved a substantial seven figure settlement for the client.
- Successfully acting for a beneficiary based in Australia in a complex claim for maladministration against the Executors of an Estate.
- Successfully applying to bring a claim under the Inheritance Act 1975 out of time. Ultimately winning a substantial sum for the client at trial along with costs.
- Acting for Executors, claimants and defendants on a number of Contesting a Will cases including challenges to the validity of wills on the basis of lack of capacity, want of knowledge and approval and fraud.