Children issues involving Social Services

At Forbes all of our Family Solicitors are specialists in cases involving children and Social Services. Several of our Solicitors are also accredited as Law Society Children Panel specialists, meaning that they can also represent children.

Sometimes Social Services can become involved where children are neglected or abused. Social Services may wish to carry out an Initial Assessment or there may be a Child Protection Conference, or in the more serious cases, Court Proceedings. In all of these cases it is crucial to get expert legal advice as soon as possible.

Legal Aid is available in many cases.

Often taking early legal advice can help to avoid Social Services taking further action or possibly applying to the Court to remove children.

We offer our private paying clients the option of our tailored service or for more straightforward cases a fixed fee service. We also offer advice on all areas for those who qualify for Legal Aid.

Please call Forbes Solicitors on freephone 0800 689 1058 or contact any of our family solicitors based at our offices in Blackburn, Chorley or Preston.

15 Apr 2018



Divorce and Finances

Everybody's experience when divorcing is different. It is impossible to compare a friend or relative's divorce…

Read the article

Make an enquiry