The Forbes Survival Guide To Moving House - Part 1
19 November, 2010
Make sure you know what it's going to cost
- Agent's fees percentage - if you agree a discount or negotiated rate tell us
- Mortgage broker's fees - have you signed an agreement to pay their costs? If so tell us.
- Mortgage set up costs/booking fee - is it paid up front? If it is added to the mortgage it will be charged interest.
- Survey/valuation/homebuyers report - may recommend works. Are you going to negotiate on the price/budget for repair work/retention on mortgage?
- Solicitors fees - hidden extras/additional costs (management company packs/notice fees/retrospective consents/indemnity insurance policies)
- Disbursements - what are they?
- Stamp duty - know the rates/stamp duty exempt areas
- Redeeming existing mortgage - penalties/deeds release fees
- Is anything else secured against the property? Second charges/loans/county court judgements
- Removal costs/storage